International and visitor’s students
The University of Cadiz offers international students the possibility of enrolling as visitor students of any international mobility programme, except Erasmus+ students, who will enrol in the University of Cádiz through the specific Erasmus+ registration process.
The programme allows students to enrol in different modules without obtaining a degree certification. However, at the end of the stay, a transcript of records will be issued in order for the students to apply for recognition at their Home University.
Spanish students who want to become visiting students at the University of Cadiz should contact directly with Vicerrectorado de alumnos
If you are interested in obtaining an official degree certification at University of Cadiz, you should register as a regular student. For further information, visit the Vicerrectorado de alumnos website: Vicerrectorado de alumnos website.
- Nominated students form a partner university, who will benefit from exemptions and discounts on academic fees and registry fees according to the specific mobility agreement. Please note that all communications must be channelled through international programmes managers of both Home and Host institutions.
- Non-nominated students from a partner university or Freemover students, who have to pay the applicable fee of 45 €/ECTS, in addition to registry fees (65.92 €). A discount of 50% on academic fees will be applied to students over 65 years old and retirees (a retiree certificate is required).
- Partner universities will formally nominate the students and then send an email to email@example.com with the students’ personal details (name and surname, email address and area of knowledge). Students coming as Freemovers for this exchange have to send their personal details directly to aforementioned email address.
- The University of Cádiz will send an email to nominated students with a link to the online platform, through which the exchange procedure will be managed. Please read carefully _INSTRUCTIONS –to fill in the application form in the previous platform.
- The link to access the platform is valid for 10 days, counting from the moment the student receives the email. However, once you access the application form and save some information, the link will remain available until the moment of submitting your application or until the closing date of the call. If at the moment of filling the application form you do not have all the necessary information, you can click the “save” button to store your progress and access the application form later on by using the same link in order to complete it or attach any file. However, once the application form is submitted, the platform will not be accessible again with the same link, which is personal and non-transferable. Therefore, if any mistake is made in the application form, please write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominations and submission of documentation take place between 5th April and 17th May.
- Nominations and sending of documentation take place between 1st September and 15th October.
- Students of the Degree in Medicine: International Mobility cancelled for the academic year 2021-22 Report Faculty Of Medicine
- Academic year calendar: The current academic year calendar, as well as those of previous years, is available in the following link: https://secretariageneral.uca.es/calendarios-academicos/
In the following link you can find the list of subjects and their respective timetables, as well as the language and whether they are offered for International Mobility: (LINK)
- Students MUST BE NOMINATED BY A PARTNER UNIVERSITY THAT CURRENTLY HAS A SPECIFIC MOBILITY AGREEMENT WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF CADIZ.
- Clinical rotation can only be applied for in the context of the official calendar of the Degree in Medicine study programme, which is carried out between 1st October and 30th May.
- The clinical rotations are divided in 3 blocks comprising only the sixth-year module. These blocks are: 1. Medical Block (Bloque Médico or BM in Spanish), 2. Surgical Block (Bloque Quirúrgico or BQ) and 3. Maternal-infant Block (Bloque Materno Infantil or BMI). Each of them can be carried out indistinctly during the following periods: 1) from 9th October to 22nd December, b) from 8th January to 15th March, and c) from 19th March to 25th May.
- Students interested in applying for these clinical rotations should do so in the following nomination period through the International Office of their Home university (in order to better channel their demands as well as to facilitate the response and coordination between both institutions): From 9th October to 22nd December, for the call opened from 1st June to 15th October. From 8th January to 15th March, for the call opened from 1st June to 15th October. From 19th March to 25th May, for the call opened from 1st November to 15th May.
- It is not possible to take third-year theoretical-practical modules and fouth and fifth-year modules at the same time due to schedule incompatibility of clinical internships at the hospital (since the block of third-year clinical modules block take place at the hospital on Thursdays and Fridays, while fourth and fifth-year modules take place on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays).
- All students interested in taking subjects in the Degree of Medicine must provide an official certificate of absence of sexual offences against minors in order for it to be included in their documentation file, in accordance with the UCA Agreement 45/2015 from 14th October under Spanish Children’s Protection Act and Legal Protection of Children and Young People Act. A sample of the certificate is available in this link: https://www.mjusticia.gob.es/cs/Satellite/Portal/es/ciudadanos/tramites-gestiones-personales/certificado-delitos
You can also take out the specific insurance with another company. Once the student arrives at the University of Cádiz, he/she must submit a copy of the insurance policy at the time of registration.